Ozone Therapy Dentist in Portland, Oregon
What is Ozone Therapy?
Ozone therapy is a form of alternative medicine that doctors use to treat diseases and other ailments. Ozone is a colorless gas consisting of three atoms of oxygen that the earth uses as protection against the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
Ozone is the opposite of our breathable air. Inhaling ozone can cause burning of the eyes, lightheadedness, nausea, mild headache, and irritation to the nose, throat, and lungs, resulting in more severe problems. It can become fatal if a person breathes in high levels of it.
However, if it is dangerous to inhale, how can it be safe as alternative medicine? Ozone therapy is achieved by combining with oxygen to form a powerful healing agent known as medical-grade ozone. The levels of ozone are less than what is in the atmosphere and is administered in a safe way by a professional.
Ozone Therapy Benefits
Ozone has been used in its gaseous or liquid forms by professionals to treat patients. Some experts believe it helps boost immunity and protect against infection.
A process known as oxidation helps the body eliminate harmful bacteria and toxins. If your body cannot fight due to a lack of oxygen, ozone therapy will make use of oxidation to help you receive and use oxygen in a healthier way.
10 Health Benefits of Ozone Therapy
- When ozone enters the bloodstream, it forms protein and increases oxygen flow to the body.
- Ozone therapy in Portland benefits the body in many other ways.
- Ozone therapy reduces toxins in the body. The heightened immune system works to fight off harmful bacteria, viruses, and yeast that cause infection. It restores your natural flora to promote better intestinal health. A healthy gut will lead to less cramping and bloating.
- Ozone therapy blocks pain and decreases inflammation throughout your body. People living with arthritis may benefit from this therapy.
- Ozone therapy regenerates new cells from stem cells. Renewed brain cells can fight against degenerative neurological conditions, such as Alzheimer’s disease and multiple sclerosis.
- Ozone therapy restores collagen, elastin, and blood flow in the skin. When the skin receives oxygen, it becomes healthy and regains its natural glow.
- Ozone therapy rebuilds the tissue in the body and helps wounds heal, which is good news for those with diabetes. Acne, eczema, and scars are skin conditions that ozone therapy can correct.
- Ozone therapy breaks down free radicals that lead to the formation of disease. Your body will be able to fight more effectively. It reverses damage caused by unhealthy habits and foods. Obesity is a result of those negative actions. Ozone cleans out the vessels to allow for better circulation through the body.
- Ozone therapy corrects hormonal imbalances and increases enzyme production. It also protects the body from shock and residual damage of strokes, diabetes, and other debilitating diseases.
- If you have a herniated disc, ozone therapy can relieve your back pain. Ozone decreases the amount of pressure on the nerves by dehydrating the disc. Inflammation goes down, as well as your pain level.
Method of Delivery
If you do decide that ozone therapy is for you, then there are several means of employing it.
Oil or Water
If you want to administer ozone therapy at home, the safest means is through oil or water. Ozone-infused oil is particularly effective against skin or gum infections. Simply rub it on the area you want to treat and let it work.
However, ozonated water is great for flushing through the sinuses. If you have frequent sinusitis, this can be an effective treatment. You can also drink the water for pain relief and other benefits.
Insufflation or Injection
Insufflation or prolozone injections should always be done by a professional. These are potent ways to combat chronic pain, tissue damage, gynecological or digestive conditions.
The injection is usually in tandem with vitamins and minerals to give you a boost to your immune system at the same time. Ozone injections go directly into the apex of the tooth while the roots of the tooth gets injected with Ozone gas if there is any sign of infection on your radiographic (x-rays).
For insufflation, we use olive oil nasal insufflation for a more safe procedure. You will be asked to inhale it, hold your breath for 30 seconds to keep it in to your sinus, and inject the gas into their sinus while slowly exhale the ozone gas out
One of the most effective and popular means of using ozone therapy is through injection. Typically, you’ll have a small amount of your blood drawn. This is then infused with the ozone directly, so it can then be safely administered back into your body.
It works well to treat many breathing issues and can bolster the immune system. Best of all, your procedure will be done in under an hour, letting you get back to your normal day-to-day activities without inconvenience.
Ozone Therapy at Home
If you have thought of receiving ozone therapy in your Portland home, there are things to consider. The kits are expensive, and you must have an oxygen tank to perform the treatment. There are guides you can download for free. You can use it to help with arthritis, viral disease, heart disease, cancer, macular degeneration, and more.
Speak with your doctor about whether ozone therapy is suitable for you and if you should receive it at home or in the office. To learn more about this innovative treatment, call us today at (503) 774-3033 or schedule an appointment online.